Wednesday, October 15, 2008

St. George






















Oh my gosh!! I am so computer illiterate! Someone needs to come over and teach me Blogging 101. This is why I can only post once a month (all of you naggers, come over and help me)! How do you get pictures in cute collages, or make borders, or even move them around? I'm not even sure they are uploading correctly, because it takes forever and then I can't move them or change them. I started this post 2 weeks ago! Whatever!
Anyway, we took a family trip to St. George in October to celebrate Jade's 12th birthday. (In case you were wondering, no, I am not old enough to have a 12 year old daughter. She ages much more quickly than I do. And I'm definitely not mature enough!)
John & Bette drove from California to celebrate with us. On Thursday night we went to Tuacahn Theater to watch "Les Miserables". It is an outdoor amphitheater near St. George that does musicals. The kids had never seen it before, and I thought this would be a fun way to introduce it to them. Ryan and I love Les Mis (in fact I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't stop crying the whole time......big baby!) and we wanted to pass that love on to them. I think Jade appreciated it, Noelle tolerated it, and Mya fell asleep. Mya actually got really into the guns and fireworks and several times asked if the actors were really dead. She was very concerned! I'm not sure they love it yet, but we will definitely take them to it again.
On Friday we spent the day in Zion National Park. We rode the tour bus around and hiked as much as the kids could handle. The weather was beautiful that day and the temperature was perfect for hiking. If you've ever been there, you know that the scenery is amazing and that one day is definitely not enough to take it all in. Maybe we'll go back next year and spend more time.
On Saturday we slept in, shopped, and went swimming in the hotel pool. The kids love to swim, but I HATE it. Jade and Noelle are little fish and are brave, but I think Mya takes after me a little bit. You can see in the pictures that she spent most of her time sitting on the steps. She did eventually jump, but only from the stairs and she only trusted Ryan to catch her.
We had a great time, with the exception of the stupid 5 hour car ride. Our car is small, and unfortunately my kids are allergic to each other. Touching causes irritation, crying and extreme dislike. I might be allergic too, because I think I had hives and I definitely felt the extreme dislike! We apparently need a 15 passenger van that includes a bench seat for each of them, 3 TV's with DVD players, 3 Nintendo DS's, and 3 iPods with headphones. Expensive, but TOTALLY WORTH IT!! Either that or a soundproof window between the front and back seats. I might be exaggerating a little bit. It was a little rough, but in time I think we will forget the ride and only remember the trip.

10 comments:

Ben and Jen Bailey said...

Hey nice job! The pictures are cute. You are halarious. About the pictures, I don't think you can move them or rotate them once they upload. So....upload the last picture (bottom) first and after they all uplaod then you can journal between, before or after. I would love to help you. I have been dying for you to ask. Love your naggy pushy friend.

darcymae said...

YAY! another post! FINALLY!

anyway, sounds like you had fun on your trip. your kids are cute and i love the pics (and am glad to see you are taking some now and then).

i will help you if you need it too. you CAN move pictures after you upload them (just drag and drop) but you cannot rotate them.

Alison said...

Hey, I came across your blog. You are hilarious. My blog shows we are FAR from perfect. I am go crazy about every other day! I am going to add you to my blog so we can at least stay in contact somehow. Welcome to the world of BLOGGING!!! BY the way...PICASA for collages!!!

Callie said...

Hey there old friend! Alison helped me find your blog. Your kids are darling and your trip sounds like it was lots of fun! Keep up the blogging! It's such a fun way to keep in touch with people you hardly ever see (like me)! I emailed Allison Bingham Anderson recently and if she ever comes to town I think it would be really fun to get together! It's been way too long!

Jamie and Brady said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! I love Tuachan (sp?) that place is so cool! Oh, and let me know if you find one of those vans, only with less seating, extra soundproof glass, and a built in Diet Pepsi dispenser.

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the 15 passenger van - that might be the only way to have a peaceful car ride with my kids! Sounds like a really fun trip, and some good family time! :)

me said...

about the 15 seater van no hello remember justin. not good.
if the van don't kill i will kill ya for getting in one. hahaha no seriously

The Morris Family said...

I am happy to see a new post. I feel your pain, I just spent 2 hours on my post. I kept accidently erasing the pictures over and over again! (duh!) well, I know sometimes you have to have a program to make the collages. My computer wont let me drag the pic.'s so I have to cut and paste. It is worth it though. I love being able to see your pictures and see hear about all of the irritating things that your kids do, that mine don't. (We can't get out of the driveway without a fight!) Keep posting!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Did you know I've never actually been TO St George? I've passed through it several times on the way to Vegas or CA or whatever, but I've never actually stopped and spent time there. Weird, ey?

Cynthia said...

Hi Amy - I found your blog. Your kids are really cute. Long trips are not fun for sure, but I'm jealous of your Les Mis adventure. I love the Tuacon theatre - It's so fun! And Les Mis is a lot of fun too!