Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jade's Recitals

Jade has been taking piano and voice lessons for just over a year now. This year they put on a Christmas recital. Her piano recital was just a small group of students. Only Mya and I were able to attend because it was in the middle of the day. She has made a lot of progress in the last year. She is now playing out of the Hymn book (only because I made her move on from the simplified book....they were too easy!). She practices constantly! It's quite aggravating actually. I'm trying to be patient. It's hard. I'm taking donations for a Clavinova. Then she can do all of her practicing with headphones!!

Her voice recital was in the evening so the whole family was able to attend. Her teacher has several private students and a singing group so it was a longer program. Jade performed several times. She was in a quartet, a group, and my favorite, a solo. She's pretty brave! I would guess that there were 100 people in attendance and she stood up and performed like a pro! We were so proud of her! Her dad was so proud that he treated the family to dinner at Maddox afterwards!




6 comments:

darcymae said...

she is so cute! i am so sad we missed. maybe if my head werent in the clouds all of the time...!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Way to go, Jader.

Remember when you used to write your name "Tape"? Good thing you got over that.

Cara said...

Char, do you forget anything? That is quite funny though.

Cara said...

P.S. if you would have mentioned that Ryan was treating us all to Maddox I'm pretty sure I could have shut the clinic down early and made it up to Bear River City.

Jade said...

Yes, I remember!! I was kind of wierd in my child days.......

*Aspen* said...

No way! I wish we could have been there to see. Did you record her? I bet she was so good. I can't wait til my girls do recitals and preformances, how fun!